Re: Clutch types

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch types
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 06:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
Aivars:  Thanks for supplying this link!  This is the article that I
referred to in a posting on Friday.  I read it in hard copy in a recent
Triumph newsletter, didn't realize it was available on the web.

Everyone else:  if you are having any clutch problems or are just
interested in this technical difficulty that many of us are having
(Dick T., you'll want to read this), please read this article.  Go to
the link below, click Tech Topics, and then TR6 cluch problems.  The
author did a great job in researching the problems that many of us are
facing with our TR6 clutches.  Next time I'm at my "used parts depot"
(I keep all used parts that I remove from the 6 for replacement, such
as clutches, in the attic garage at my parent's house) I'm going to
look to see if I have an OE Laycock pressure plate sitting around.  If
so, I am going to put that back in and see what happpens.  According to
the article, it should work much more smoothly and with less operating
pressure than a B&B unit.

I'm still a a little confused though, does anyone know for sure which
pressure plate the "magic clutch" kit uses?  Some have said it's a B&B
unit, others say it is a Sachs unit, others say it is a unit from a
Saab 900.  I wish I had made notes of this when I originally installed
the clutch...

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/