Re: TR6 Carb Question?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Carb Question?
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:14:33 -0400
Jeff:
The temp Compensator is just that, it compensates fuel mixture as required
for changes in temperatures that the engine runs by allowing intake air to
bypass around the air piston(where the fuel is metered at).

    If the carbs were setup when the compensator was working properly, and
they stick open they cause a lean mix and if they stick closed they cause
too rich of a mix.  Oftentimes I believe the carb mixtures are wrongly
adjusted to compensate for dirty or mal adjusted temp compensators.
    There are alot of if's to describe how the car may perform if they
aren't functioning properly so here is another good link for you also
http://www.nextek.net/BuckeyeTriumphs/technical/Carbs/Carbs%20I/Carbs%20I.ht

good luck
Brooks
Atlanta Ga