Temperature Gauge interaction with Fuel gauge?

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temperature Gauge interaction with Fuel gauge?
From: Bert Van der Stee <bvdstee1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:18:57 +0200
Dear listers,

since a few weeks the Fuel gauge in my TR6 has given up on me.  The needle
remains solid at the bottom in the empty area.
I didn't find the time to fix it now, but I reccon it is the sending unit
but still need to check (with Dan Master's book of course).

One question though, since I have this problem I also noticed that my
temperature gauge is indicating a lot higher.  The normal running
temperature (checked with another thermometer) is being indicated as some
millimeters away from hot.  Temperature is normal, though, and water is
flowing without any problem is I look in the top of the radiator.

Can the fuel and temperature gauge problem be related, or am I talking
complete nonsense here ?
For your info - The sender unit for the water is OK - I switched it over
with a friends's TR6 and we got to the same conclusion.

Thanks in advance!

Bert