Re: PDWA

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: PDWA
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:03:48 -0800 (PST)
Rex--Jay--and Ralph Nader---I am not usually overly concerned with
safety issues. For many years we drove cars that had only one hydraulic
system. If it failed, the pedal could go to the floor, and you were left
to your own devices on how to stop your car. The dual system that
Triumph and others engineered gave the car an extra measure of
protection, in that if either the two systems lost fluid, the other
"side" could still stop the car. Coupled with a warning light triggered
by a shuttle going off-center to let you know this has occurred.
Sometimes frustration with this dual system, its nagging warning light,
the high cost of replacing the PDWA or finding the parts to do so, has
led many of us to defeat its purpose.

This probably sounds silly coming from a guy who thinks the spare tire
takes up too much trunk space, so runs the country without one, but I
like my brake warning system working.

Dick Taylor
'73