Re: SHIFTER NOISE-related case/story- unimportant-

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SHIFTER NOISE-related case/story- unimportant-
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 19:04:36 -0500
hey all,

once on a road trip through new england (awesome BTW!)
all of a sudden i starting hearing a slight vibration/rattling
noise. it was my shifter knob! it had been on the car for gosh..
7 years. the insert threaded part was coming loose from the inside
of the knob. because the noise was too annoying to make it back home that
way, i had to improvise. what i did was wrap electrical
tape around the base and work it into the grove between the metal and the
knob. fingernail helped in this case ;-) the noise was gone
until i decided to replace. hopefully this is your same problem-as opposed
to something major.

sorry to waste everyone's time, but wanted to share my experience!
-j