Re: Transmission Problem is probably a clutch problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Problem is probably a clutch problem
From: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:14:27 -0800
Mike,
Did you put in any new clutch components when you rebuilt the trans?
Do you remember what brands of components you are running?
Notice any change in your clutch pedal pressure (+ or -)?

On a semi-related note,
my car is in the shop for "sticky clutch" which had evolved into
increasing gear shifting difficulties. I checked the slave pushrod
travel and had about 7/8" but then again Murphys Law seems amplified
when the clutch is concerned with my car. I took it off the ramps and
the clutch pedal felt like new for about 20 minutes then it went back to
sh*@. I am supposed to hear back later this morning and I'm sure they
are going to have to take out the trans again. I'm going to suggest to
them the TO bearing hang-up theory before they replace anything.
Maybe polishing and filing the front trans cover and inner TO beraing
surfaces will help.
At this point I don't think any new parts aside from NOS parts will fix
anything.

Ryan
71