Re: Radio Installation on a TR-6

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: Re: Radio Installation on a TR-6
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:13:27 -0500
This is how my radio works as well. I can only run my radio when the
engine is running, and NOT in accessory mode. I didn't install the current
radio - the DPO had a "pro" sound shop do the work to the tune of $300
(have the receipt). But I have installed audio systems in other cars.

First, have you check the leads with a simple circuit tester.
Check to see the power status on the leads on the various key positions.

Typically,
Red is power supply (+), routed to the accessory/ignition switch;
Black is the negative (-) ground to chassis;
Yellow (+) is fused and connects to the battery/or fuse box (Memory
backup);
Blue is often the power antenna.

What is the type and model of the radio.

> Plugged the battery with key in OFF position,
> the oil warning light comes on, but very dim.
> When I switch to accessory and back to OFF,
> the light turns off.
Corey Sherman
corey.sherman@rcn.com