bent frame

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: bent frame
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:39:03 EST
I'm in the process of rebuilding the rear suspension of my recently acquired
'71 tr6 (now I know why it was so cheap)  The hubs, outer axels, rear end,
trailing arms all need attention.  I just put it up on jack stands-in front
of the rear wheels, behind the front wheels, and SURPRISE- the doors are no
longer properly alligned.  Obviously the frame is in some state of flexion or
torison.  The frame is in good shape, no significant rust, cracks, or broken
welds.  I expected some frame movement, but my question is--When  I set the
car back on it's wheels, will the frame return to it's prior state?  Can I
leave the car up on stands for a couple of months without causing
irrepairable damage?  Is there an ideal way to jack the car up without
causing this?  I would appreciate any advice.  This is my 1st adventure-I'll
have a lot of questions
...Joe Davis in Va.