Re: Collant Passages

To: Gameparker@cs.com, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Collant Passages
From: Gary Klein <tr6guy@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:44:03 -0500
Geoff,

It's been 2 years since my engine's head was reinstalled after a full
overhaul and I remember seeing a hole or two that didn't match up as
well.  Don't understand why; guess that's the way it was.  My block,
head and radiator are clean and free-flowing and the car runs cool on
hot days.

I'll suggest that you might think about performing a quick check of the
block's passages.  A simple thing to do is to remove the antifreeze
drain plug on the starter side of the block.  If the coolant that's
still inside the block runs out freely, replace the plug and continue
with your reassembly.  You may discover that the fluid does not flow
with the plug fully removed (mine was like that earlier).  This
indicates a blockage inside the block's passages.  Probing around inside
the plug hole and from the topside of the block should help loosen the
junk and get it to flow out the hole; it worked for me.

Gary Klein
'75 TR6  Digest
President, TRiumphs Around the Chesapeake, Ltd.   TRAC
www.tracltd.org