Re: Body Flex

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body Flex
From: "James Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:13:01 -0500
I recently was wondering why my pass. door isn't lining
up. and i noticed increased leaking on that side when it rains.
used to be tight and dry!
the main problem is in the alignment of the rear part of the door and the
body mold lip doesn't line up between the door and the rear panel.
I got to thinking that it could be due to several items
that were replaced during the last overhall.

I had the front and rear fenders replaced, rocker panel, and
i believe at that time the cross member section was replaced.
which is probably the key to the mis-alignment!

Any suggestions to 'straighten' the body? i am guessing that
the jack stands assisted in twisting the frame once the cross member
was cut off and replaced with an entirely new section. I do not know
for sure as I was not doing this particular repair personally. i wish i had
been involved looking back.

i would love to fix this, but am now afraid that the replacement section
would have to be disconnected to re-align!!!

advice?

James