chrome bezels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: chrome bezels
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:23:39 EST
My wife just gave me a new dash for my '71, and I can't wait to get started
installing it.  I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.  I really
prefer the chrome gauge bezels on my TR4A to the black painted bezels on my
'71 TR6.  I remeber reading somewhere that the TR6 bezels are chrome under a
coat of black paint.  I would love to have chrome bezels.  Has anyone tried
to remove the paint?  If so, how can it be done, and with what kind of
results.  Also, I will be removing the windscreen to fit new rubber seals.
Would it be easier to replace the dash pad with the windscreen off?  How is
it attached, glue?  Has anyone found replacement vinyl windscreen surrounds
prefabed?  I would appreciate any advice on restoring the whole windscreen,
dash, pads etc.  Thanks in advance-I'm novice to all of this!
Joe 71 TR6 in southside Va.