Re: chrome bezels

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>
Subject: Re: chrome bezels
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 00:02:21 -0500
Joe,

The bezels are unplated metal beneath the paint on TR6. Paint won't
stick well to chrome, so we're glad for that!. You may get decent
results by polishing, but I doubt it. You could certainly get yours
chromed by a plater, but I wouldn't guess how much they'd charge.

I usually bead blast the bezels before repainting with Sems trim paint.
It's got a nice eggshell (satin) look to it and goes on evenly. I
re-assemble the gage glass using a strip of strip caulk in between the
bezel and glass, wiping off the excess with a razor blade when finished.
The trim paint and strip caulk can be found at the local NAPA store.

You must at least loosen the windshield and raise it slightly to do the
dash pad well. It's not tough for a novice, since the dash is going to
be out anyway. Victoria British listed the inside trim for the
windshield, but you will have to ask someone else if it fits, since I
haven't done it personally. It is all glued down with contact adhesive
(with additional clips on the vinyl trim.)

Good Luck, Jim