Interior Carpeting and Window Channels

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interior Carpeting and Window Channels
From: "Timothy J. Boesken" <tboesken@one.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:15:46 -0500
Happy New Year to one and all!

This is the year for a new paint job, interior, gaskets, dash pad, etc,
etc, etc! Like Matt Mullins recently told me it's like pulling on a thread,
once you start taking things apart you keeping finding multiply things you
should do while you've got it apart! Enough of that!

I would like some input on what to put under the new carpeting. Underfelt
is the is original spec but what's the difference between sound deading
material and the heatshield material besides cost? What works best? Is
there a source besides the big 3? I also remember reading about problems
installing one or the other on the list but couldn't find anything in the
archives.

Second question, I would like to replace the felt in the window channels
while I've got the door panels off but I don't see where anyone sells just
the felt without buying a complete channel assembly. Is this possible? And
where can I get the felt?

Thanks,

Tim Boesken
'73 TR6