head milling

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: head milling
From: "Matt M." <afterburn27@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:47:04 -0800 (PST)
Alright, so if I want to raise the compression of my
'74 TR-6 from 7.5-1 to 8.5-1, how much do I ask the
machine shop to shave off? I have only had my car for
about two months and it has always run at the 3/4 mark
on the temp. gauge, but I think this is do to my
radiator not being in the best shape. I am going to
rebuild it when the car is apart, so that should solve
my current cooling problem. I live in VA and it gets
pretty hot in the summer, will milling the head to
gain a compression ratio of 8.5-1 present any
over-heating problems?

                                Thanks in advance,
                                Matt