Re: More Power (aluminum flywheels)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Power (aluminum flywheels)
From: "ANTHONY GORDON" <agordon@spsd.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 00:16:47 -0400
On the flywheel front; with help from Dave Wingett, and a pointer to the
seller of alum. flywheels on eBay, I have tracked down some of the key points.
The stock flywheel is listed at 42lb (that might include the clutch, and since
I don't have a flywheel to weigh, I can't check).   A Fidenza flywheel - 11lbs
- (as listed on eBay) retails at $435, but can be found at a discount from
various Fidenza dealers.  The quality and attention to detail of these folks
sold me (www.aluminumflywheel.com).

There is a guy who must be connected with the company who sells these things
on eBay for pretty high prices.  If the eBay price goes above $360 stop
bidding and contact Greg Statt, an LBC enthusiast who happen to run a an
autoshop, at gstatt@aol.com - he's the owner of Expressway Automotive in
Midland, MI.  He will give you a really good deal.  He sold me a flywheel and
a lot of good advice for $359.

Tony

(no financial interest apart from getting a good deal from Greg - and when you
save $80 that has be good news!, to say nothing about the good advice about
the installation as well - he knows what he is talking about.)