Fwd: Re: Valve replacement for a newbie?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Valve replacement for a newbie?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:54:31 -0700 (PDT)
I tried the rope trick once, but it wouldn't work for me.  I ended up
pushing the head off using a hydraulic jack.  On the manifold side of
the cylinder head, there are a series of "n" shaped slots cast in.  I
put a jack under the car, and put a long piece of metal (the 3 ft.
long-arm wrench used to remove the octagonal nut off wire wheels)
between the jack and the slots in the head.  Then jacked.  The head
came off no problem.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6