Rear vibrates when starting off

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear vibrates when starting off
From: Keith Meinhold <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 20:31:04 -0800
When starting off from a dead stop the car tends to shudder or vibrate till
about 5 mph. It only does it when there is an acceleration load on the
drivetrain at very low speeds.  I have been able to slightly reproduce it at
2  5 mph up a slight hill.  It will not shudder if I just coast up to speed
from a stop down hill.  Nor does it shudder when decelerating.  It does not
feel like clutch chatter, and continues after the clutch is fully engaged.

I also seem to notice what seems light a vibration in the shift lever at
higher speeds.  There is no noise associated with either symptom.

Recent work done on the car:
New trailing arm bushings
New springs and spring packing
Tube shock conversion (BPNW)
Rebuilt axels with U joints, and rebuilt hubs

Keith Meinhold
66 Marston Avenue
San Francisco CA 94112

415 585 5998 H