Re: Subject: RE: Dyno test of my 6, + Mallory

To: Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com (Chuck Arnold)
Subject: Re: Subject: RE: Dyno test of my 6, + Mallory
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 00:06:25 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck---A problem in going with a Mallory distributor is you give up the
mechanical tach drive. The biggest advantage of the Mallory is their
dual points feature, which is not necessary when the stock dist. is
coupled with some of the modern electronic control units, like the MSD.
(Dwell control is built in, giving the coil maximum time to recharge)
There's still the issue if your Lucas unit has a wobbly shaft bad enough
to create major timing changes, like more than a 4 deg. bounce. I like
the mechanical tach, and will replace or repair the Lucas, when the time
comes.

DT