TR6 Water Pump

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'"
Subject: TR6 Water Pump
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 19:59:20 -0400
Just mounted my alternator and put the fan belt on. Surprise, surprise. It
looks like I've got 1/2" damper pulley and alternator and a 3/8" water pump.
I determined earlier that I have a later head (with EGR) on my 1972 block.
I'm guessing a previous owner used the water pump that came with the newer
head. A spare pump did not come with the cloud of parts that accompanied the
car when I bought it.

It cooled OK and ran quietly with this pump before the rebuild, so I'm
debating whether or not to put a new pump on (and sink another $60 or so
into this never ending project). I realize I'll risk premature belt failure
etc.

Any advice on what to do? BPNW lists a single and dual water pump. Any idea
what the difference is?

- Hugh Fader