Re: Clutch Master Cyl pushrod x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: tombotts@qwest.net (Tom Bottman)
Subject: Re: Clutch Master Cyl pushrod x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:36:35 -0700 (PDT)
Tom---I guess they realized that they could make more money selling the
whole MC, as this rod is included then.

There's a few things you coud do, if a complete new MC isn't to your
liking. Braze up both the rod and the arm, and redrill it to 5/16"
You'll have to take out the pedal box to do this, but it's not
difficult. You can check the cross shaft bushings for both pedals at the
same time. OR...
Buy the pushrod for the Slave Cylinder. (I think they can still be
purchased) Cut off the 'good' end near the middle, and  braze it to the
special end found at the MC's rod. (Allow for the saw cut when removing
the worn end of the MC push rod, should you do this) You'll want to take
measurements before and after, of course.

This should get you the stroke necessary at the SC to disengage your
clutch.

Dick Taylor