Just a little piece of useless information.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Just a little piece of useless information.
From: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:31:22 -0400
Front Coil Spring Compressor alternative

For those that find themselves in need of a front Coil Spring Compressor there
is an inexpensive way to create one, versus purchase and waiting for delivery
from Moss. Cost from Moss is $42.95 + Shipping. I found all the parts needed at
the local hardware store for $5.10 + an old cam sprocket.
Parts needed  would be:
1- 5/16x20"  threaded bar
1- Cotter Clip
2- 5/16 Nuts
2 washers
I used and old cam sprocket but a piece 1/8" of hardened steel 2x4 with a 11/32
hole  would look more professional. Then copy the picture on page 99 of the
10/1/01 TR2,3,4 and 4A Catalogue for the set up. The cotter clip is essential
for safety purposes.
I set it up and completed one of the two sides on the TR3 I am restoring. Just
a little piece of useless information.
Robert L. Gannon
trsix74@comcast.net
TR6   1974 CF22956U