TR6 Fuel Pump

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Fuel Pump
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@aitinc.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:56:23 -0500
I have a knocking sound that has developed in the engine at low rpms.  After
some diagnosis with a stethoscope it became apparent that the fuel pump is the
culprit.  This fuel pump was on the car when I got it and it appears to be
quite old so I'm not real surprised at this discovery.

I'm considering purchasing the reproduction pump from vicki brit and was
wondering if anyone has had experiences (good or bad) with this particular
pump.  The quality of repro parts is always a concern so I thought I'd rely on
the collective wisdom of the list before making a purchase.  I'd rather pay a
little more and get a good part and only do the job ONCE.

Thanks,
Terry Geiger
'74 TR6 Mimosa Yellow (Ole' Yeller)