RE:TR6 Fuel Pump

To: <tgeiger@aitinc.com>
Subject: RE:TR6 Fuel Pump
From: "frans caers" <frans.caers@vt4.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:17:33 +0200
Hi Terry,

When I bought my '74 TR6, it had a feul pump only good for scrab;it was
leaking allover and the pipeconnections lost thear tread.I installed a
replacement pump from a local supplier on the continent and the first time I
came out with the car,the engine felt dead without warning.
I was lucky that I didn't trow the old pump away,because the axle that goes
trough the body of the pump came out.It was not that far from home,so I
towed the car into my garage and looked wat was wrong.The hardened axle wat
goes trough the body of the pump came out ,because it was only pressfitted
and not slotted,but the measerements of the old axle and the new were
exactelly the same.I used the axle + horsshoeclips+manual lever from the old
pump on the new one and had never again problems with the fuel pump(the axle
can't move enymore due to the horseshoe slots)

Hope this helps,
Frans Caers
'74 TR6  CF14047
Belgium