Weber DGV advice

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DGV advice
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@aitinc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:45:44 -0500
Hi all,

I have a '74 TR6 that I drive on a daily basis.  I'm interested in converting
to the dual weber dgv down draft carb kit and was soliciting experiences from
the list.  Please reply with good or bad experiences with these carbs.  My goal
is to increase the reliability and driveability of the car.  It's a lot of
money for me and I'd like to make sure I'm getting something that is going to
work very well.  The car has already been upgraded to electronic ignition, a
tr250 cam and the old model cylinder head (bigger valves, higher compression
ratio, no egr port).  The engine is fresh (complete rebuild 2 years ago) and
has good compression, oil pressure, etc. so the bottom end of the engine should
handle some more flow quite well.  I am also preparing to install an original
a/c kit that I picked up so reliable idle with the a/c running is a
consideration.

Thanks in advance,
Terry Geiger
'74 TR6 Mimosa Yellow