Re: TR6 Eating Spark plugs

To: DarcyHunt@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Eating Spark plugs
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:21:18 -0700 (PDT)
Darcy

This is just my thoughts on this problem. You
stated that you are using silicone plug wires
with the high energy coil.  Do these wires have a
copper or metal core?  If not you my want to go
to a set.  First though if you have access to a
good quality meter check to see whether you have
continuity and what the resistance is in the
wires you have. If there is a wide variance then
you found your problem.

Dale

--- DarcyHunt@aol.com wrote:
> Need help.  After having my HS6's rebuilt by
> Joe Curto this winter, I started
> off the season by adding Silicon plug wires,
> new plugs and a high energy
> coil.  Using the Color Tune it was running
> great!  BAG needles seemed just
> perfect and she would pull strong up through
> 5000 rpm.....then the missfiring
> started again.  Resolved it be changing 1 plug
> which last about 20 miles now
> it appears that several more plugs have stopped
> firing or are firing
> sporatically.  I'm going to get a new set
> tomorrow but I'm dying to go on the
> Newport, RI rally on Sunday.  Any help would be
> appreciated.  I already went
> to the Pertronix ignition last fall to try and
> address this same problem.
>
> Darcy hunter
> '73 TR6
> North Easton, MA