Re: One more fork question

To: ms6453@optonline.net (Mitchel Seff)
Subject: Re: One more fork question
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 11:33:20 -0700 (PDT)
Mitch---This may now be old news, as I go thru messages upon my return
to town. The 'round pins' that you refer to get flat quicker when the
anti-spin pin is not in place in the throw out bearing sleeve. The
absence of this pin allows the carrier to spin on the front cover, and
speeds up the flattening. The hydraulic adjustment in the SC makes up
for the wear here, so it's not too big a deal when this wear takes
place.

I have tried the sleeve with and without this pin. There are advantages
with and without the anti-spin pin. I am currently running with the pin,
putting all of the duty on the bearing itself.

Dick