Low rpm miss/hesitation

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Low rpm miss/hesitation
From: Gameparker@cs.com
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 14:36:36 EDT
List,
my TR6 with twin SU's has been running fairly flawlessly until just recently,
when it has developed a miss or hesitation at low speed/rpms (typically below
1500 rpms- you can more hear it than feel it).  I don't know whether or not
it is an issue of too much or too little petrol (I have an O2 sensor with
gauge hooked up, but I don't think it is accurate enough to pick up this
little hiccup), bad petrol or a timing issue.  Dashpots full, all lines
hooked up and intact (even the vac retard).  Other points which may help:  I
think engine is loosening up after the rebuild and I can now rev cleanly to
5500 rpms; sometimes when accelerating hard, the engine will begin to
hesitate as though starving for petrol past 3000rpms, then after a stop at a
light, the engine will be fine again - this happens 5% of the time.
Thanks for your suggestions
Geoff Parker
74 TR6
9.5:1 head (approx)