Re: Towing

To: Vsnively@aol.com
Subject: Re: Towing
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:12:04 -0400
Vic,
Unfortunately for longer distances, say over 50 miles or so, this type of
arrangement is not good, unless you disconnect the driveshaft. The tranny
does not get proper lubrication, unless the engine is turning. That means
for long distances, you must unhook the driveshaft, then replace it once
you have arrived at you destination. Bummer!
Around town, most agree that the tow dolly use will not damage the
tranny, but much over 50 miles, and you are risking it. For towing
farther, best to go with a full trailer, and get all four wheels off the
ground.

HTH

Mark Riddle
'72 TR6