Re: Drive shaft repair

To: <PHZindel@zonnet.nl>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drive shaft repair
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:59:46 -0400
It's been a while, but I remember using sockets and a medium size
vice to easily assy the new u joints. Cleanliness, no burrs and
starting straight were the keys. Needed sticky grease to hold the
needles in place while sliding home the second cup.

May have also used same method upon extraction to expose enough of
a cup to apply big vice grip rotation & pull the rest of the way
out. A little heat and 5 lb hammer may have been part of the
recipe.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug,74TR6