Re: Brake warning light

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake warning light
From: "Marc Nederkoorn" <nederkoorn@vinden.nl>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:43:34 +0200
Message text written by "Bryan C. Loy"
>Has anyone ever had their brake warning light come on for no apparent
reason?
My brakes are fine.  No fade, no thin pads, no M/C leak.  It came on last
Sunday, stayed on for about 2 miles, and went off.  Last night it came on
again, won't go off.  Of course the key has to be on for it to light up, so
don't worry about draining the battery, but that light is bright!  I took
the
bulb out today.  Anyone with any ideas?  Thanks in advance, ya'll are
great!
<
The various suggestions I saw all adressed possible brake problems. However,
in later TR6's the brake warning light also is combined with the oil presure
sensor. So the brakes could be fine, and the oil pressure beiing the
problem. I guess an engine running dry & getting stuck works as a brake as
well <g>.

Marc
'74 TR6