RE: 1973 horn questions

To: "'Valerie Stabenow'" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1973 horn questions
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 00:05:55 -0400
Hi Valerie. I've been tracking down horn problems myself lately and had the
horn button off last weekend. If it's the clip I'm thinking of, it goes on
the edge of the horn button and holds it in place. I think the barbs go to
the outside. It helps keep the bale wire on the other side of the horn
button in contact with the steering column. If it's not, the horn won't
complete the circuit when you press the button. I don't think not having the
clip on would make the horn stay on all the time though. It's possible that
the slip ring is coming into contact with the column.

Hope this helps.

- Hugh Fader