Re: Tow Dolly

To: pjgraffam@juno.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow Dolly
From: "Big Gooner" <biggooner@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:52:41 -0400
I use a dolly for my TR6 and for my Stag. ALWAYS tow with front wheels on
the dolly, rear wheels on the ground. No issue with regard the diff
(assuming it has oil in it!) but there is POTENTIALLY an issue with the
gearbox depending on who you listen to. As I've heard both sides of the
argument as to whether the countershaft turns or not when towing and
therefore does or does not spray oil around the box to keep it lubricated
and prevent it siezing, when travelling more than a few miles I ALWAYS undo
the propshaft and wedge it out of the way - or remove it completely.

Frankly - wish I'd got a full trailer. My advice - do that if you can afford
it.

John.