Re: Soft top question: VTR tip

To: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Soft top question: VTR tip
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 20:38:42 +0000
here is the way I always knew...<see below>
Maybe I will start unzipping though.

-james

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/tr6-top-folding.html

"Here is a brief description of how to fold the TR6 soft top without
damaging the rear quarter windows. This procedure is also described, with
pictures, in the TR6 owner's handbook.
With the top up, open each latch under the header rail. Then unsnap the six
snaps under the quarter windows. Then separate the velcro strips running
along the tops of the side windows. You'll have to unsnap the (five, I
believe) snaps inside above the rear window. Now, (on the outside) grab the
header rail in the middle with one hand, and the flap above the rear window
with the other. Lift both, pulling the vinyl away from the top frame as it
collapses. Now the vinyl should all be lying flat on the rear deck, with the
quarter windows sticking out to the sides. the only place the vinyl is
attached to the frame now is at the header rail, which is now stowed. Now
lift the vinyl up and fold it forward over the top frame. Now, the quarter
windows are still sticking out to the sides, but the rear window is facing
up, right above the stowed top frame. Now fold each quarter window panel in
over the rear window. (I put a soft towel on top of the rear window at this
point, just for good measure, before folding the quarter windows in on top
of it.) Now you can button up your top boot. "

###