RE: Dumb Quetsion #136

To: "James Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Dumb Quetsion #136
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:06:55 -0700
Jim,

Several points/suggestions:

1.  The 7/8" wheel cylinders will give a slightly softer pedal than the
stock .70" cylinders.

2.  Try this method of adjusting your rear brakes - its at
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/brake-adjustment.html

3.  TR6s have power assist front brakes.  It is completely normal for your
brake pedal to get a bit easier to push when the engine is running.  That is
the power assist working.

4.  If there's no leaks, no mysterious "loss" of brake fluid, and your
brakes are stopping the car just fine, its probably ok.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6 (with Toyota calipers and 7/8" wheel cylinders)