Re: trans help

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trans help
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:48:57 +0000
hi ryan,
and others...

I ended up buying a piston oiler from pep boys and attached
a length of rubber hose (8 inches +/-) over the metal tip. i used a small
hose that would fit tight. i drive the drivers side wheel up on a ramp and
crawl under, remove the fill plug (13mm? or 15mm? socket size) and put the
hose in the tran. and start pumping the level. now only about 12 or 16 oz.
fit into the container i own, so if your trannie is real low...you will need
to refill. once some fluid starts draining
out, you are done. keep in mind that with the car angled up it will
throw off the level of the trannie...but i use a small ramp (home made from
wood...THICK wood) and the amount off i believe to be minimal.

hope this helps...
although it sounds like some damage is done.
ekkk.
-James