Re: trans help

To: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Subject: Re: trans help
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:44:17 EDT
Ryan-Sometimes I tend to march to the beat of a different drummer. I prefer
to cut a hole in the trans. tunnel opposite the fill plug. Make the hole
2-1/2" and order a plug that was used on early cars to access the front u
joint. This hole allows the trans.      to be filled from inside with the car
on level ground. Also, replace the square headed plug with a hex head (3/8"
NPT) so that it can be removed with a socket and extension, or a 7/16" 8
point socket can be used on the square head plug.
The silver metal in the oil is probably from the bearings in the countershaft
that are self-destructing. I see a trans. overhaul in your future.
Berry Price