Re: Brake light

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake light
From: "Nelson Riedel" <Nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:58:14 -0400
I think the EGR counter was fitted after CF35,000.  There is a third warning
light in the center of the dash labeled EGR.  It is that light which comes
on when the EGR counter indicates the EGR should be serviced.    If the EGR
counter is causing the brake warning lamp to come on I suspect that someone
has been fooling with the wiring.  Of course, you can always blame Lucas for
the wires being on the wrong terminals.

I believe the air pumps started in '75 --- also CF35,000 I think.

The EGR valve apparently was fitted starting in '74 (CF12,000?) with no
counter.

All this from the TRF catalogues --- they're great! (Also agrees with my '76
and neighbor's '74)

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)