RE: Brake light

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake light
From: Peter Zaborski <PZaborski@calgary.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:14:25 -0600

The counter counts mileage. You'll note the speedo cable passes through the
counter box. What happens is that after a pre-set number of miles (I think
it's 12k on the TR6) a switch inside the box will close and the EGR light on
the dash will come on whenever the car is running. I think this was an idiot
light to take the car into the dealer and have the EGR valve cleaned and
serviced to maintain the TR6's emissions at required levels.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO (with counter and EGR long removed)