Mod TR6 Head on the Flow Bench

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Mod TR6 Head on the Flow Bench
From: mocharand5@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:44:49 EDT
I finished porting my head and am going to publish some of my findings with
what I did. I have built many race engines in the snowmobile industry, this
is my 1st car head I have ever done. Right or wrong this is what I found and
researched.
My cylinder was checked on a Super Flow Flow Bench. Jack Summers from Canton,
Maine is still in the final stages of using the correct angles for the style
port job I did.
To the best of my knowledge heads are checked in several different vacuum
drops.
later this week I will show the findings using 25 inch drop and 28. The
higher the numbers used the better the numbers sound according to Jack.
Jack did the 1st test with 10 inch drop. Calculation on what angles work best
will be figured out in the final tuning this week. I will let you know what
multi angles flowed the best with my port job.

Intake
.100 valve lift  30.6
.200 valve lift  52.5
.300 valve lift  64.4
.400 valve lift  74.9
.500 valve lift  81.

Exhaust
.100 valve lift  24.9
.200 valve lift  42.6
.300 valve lift  53.3
.400 valve lift  59.5
.500 valve lift  61.6

With a 28 inch drop at .500 lift, Ext. 102.8  Intake, 135.2

Jack also did a fuel swirl test through the head port on the intake. This is
a measurement used to check the fuel atomization and apparently how much RPM
the flow will spin. Notice how the flow changes at the higher lift. This is
normal according to Jack. Jack says these are good numbers. I would like to
see what a stock head does if anyone has any information on a flow bench and
fuel swirl test.

.100 Lift  65 RPM
.200 Lift  286 RPM
.300 Lift  526 RPM