RE: Idle (Bad) Behaviour

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Idle (Bad) Behaviour
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:29:23 -0500
sounds like maybe the temperature compensators on the carburetors are
sticking? they're supposed to adjust the mixture when the temperature rises,
but if they're stuck, they don't. it's possible to remove and clean them,
but a bit fiddly -- check postings on the Ohio Buckeyes web site.

re the temps seen on the gauge, they sound about normal for me ... rising
slightly when you're not moving.

also, out of curiousity, what altitude were you driving? did you notice any
difference from the altitude you normally drive?

Graham