RE: air filters for TR6, and even more..

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: air filters for TR6, and even more..
From: George Loriot <George_Loriot@brown.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:28:04 -0400
First, thanks to  everyone on the list who replied privately or to list
about my air filter question.  I have lots of opinions now, and think I got
carried away with the cool sound of no air filters and thought I had lots
more power.  And I think I'll go with K&N for maintenance, at least (maybe
1 more HP??)

And now, for somthing completely different: fron shock replacement.

So I'm tooling along and find that the ride is getting progressively
bouncier.  I bounce the front and it keeps bouncing (rear is OK).  So I
look at the front shocks and they're getting coated with oil - I presume
the oil seals went bad.  The PO had replaced the rear shocks with a tube
conversion with KYB shocks (I guess from Vicki Brit) but also the front
shocks are KYB, not listed in any of the Big Three.  Seems like there's a
choice of other shocks - standard, and Armstrong, Koni or Spax
adjustable.  What to do?  This is a tool-around-and-have-fun daily driver,
so does anyone have experience/opinions on which of these would work well,
considering I have intact KYB tube conversion on the rear?  Or should I try
to find KYB vendor and try to match part numbers?

Thanks a lot for any ideas on my bouncy TR6.....

George Loriot