Re: Tire Pressure

To: "Lozano's" <jmlozano@ismi.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Pressure
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 00:17:47 -0400
> I am hoping someone can recommend tire pressures for my 6 to
> go autocrossing.  After two years of trying to figure out what was
> causing my rubbing problem, we finally looked at the setting of
> the Koni adjustable shock.  To make a long story short, it
> became a finger pointing situation..."I thought you set" "NO!
> I thought you set it".  Anyway, the rubbing is finally gone and we
> are ready to go autocrossing.  I have 215x55x16 Kumho tires and
> I do not know what pressures to run.

Jorge,

You're going to have to figure it through trial and error, as each tire's
construction and thermal characteristics vary greatly from tire  to tire.
Barney Gaylord, frequenter of the MG list and also avid autocrosser, has a
nice write-up on tuning your tires for maximum grip.  That article and a few
other helpful articles on similar pressure and tire grip subjects are at:

http://users.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/tires/tire1.htm

Hope it helps you determine your proper set-up!

Kai