TRF Summer Party

To: "6 Pack TR6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRF Summer Party
From: "James Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:31:38 -0400
Hello listers, I am now just reawakening from my slumber after driving back
from TRF summer party to Kissimmee, FL.  Thanks Peter Macholdt for the
compliments on my Mimosa Yellow TR6.  I hope everyone got a kick out of the
Calvin peeing on an MG logo on the underside of my hood.  I had a little
girl come up and say she didn't like it because her daddy owned an MG.  We
told her it was all in fun.  Did you see the bumper sticker on another
yellow 6. It stated I Got the Yellow Rather than one of the other crappy
colors - too funny.  Sorry I missed you.  Saw some great cars and had a
super time.  We had a caravan drive up the entire Blue Ridge Parkway and it
was awesome, no traffic, and lots of great corners where you can get on it
with your 6! Better than a Disney E Ticket ride!!!  Another lister met up
with us in Fancy Gap Virgnia (Al Salvatore) from Tampa.  Al earned the hard
ass award for driving straight from Tampa FL (left at noon) to meet us in
Virginia.  Way to go Al!  Well, bought some great used parts (Hub, starter
etc) and a cool guage from British Miles that has the oil pressure and
temperature on the same guage. It's from an early MG but is has the same
fittings as the 6 and is the same size as our guages.  This will free up a
guage so I can put a clock in one of the holes.
That's it for now - oh forgot to mention a big Thank You to everyone for
their help while I was restoring my 6. She ran great the whole way up and
back without a hitch. Also, found out my soft brake pedal as being caused by
loose wheel bearings that we tightened up on the Blue Ridge.
Sorry for the rambling.
Jim henningsen
Kissimmee, FL
75 TR6 (fresh from the mountian air)