Re: Rocker Trim

To: ShewFamily@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rocker Trim
From: "David J Stauffacher" <dstauffa@csc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:44:41 -0700
Hi John,

The trim strip should not by pried off the pop rivets.  It is designed to
be slid either forward or backward such that it will release from the pop
rivets via a opening on the inside trim, about 1/2 inch from either end.

BTDT

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649

I have completed the removal of almost everything necesary to begin the
paint
stripping process on my six.  The only item remaining is the trim strip
that
runs from front fender to rocker panel to rear fender.  In looking at the
parts books, I note that these are attached using pop rivets.  I haven't
crawled under the car to see if these rivets are visible  from the
underside
of the car yet.

I am about to go down stairs to see if I can figure out how to get them
off,
but I thought if I had trouble, I would send a message now to save some
time.
 If anyone can give me instructions and save me time and possible damage to
these light-weight trim pieces, it would be most appreciated.David J.
Stauffacher