Clutch Problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Problem
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:12:38 -0700 (PDT)
Mark Wright wrote about his clutch not disengaging after doing a clutch and
slave cylinder rebuild:

<When I bought the car the clutch pedal went to the floor so I rebuilt
the
clutch MC and SC.  Now I'm having problems engaging in any gears since
bled the lines.>

I would recommend that you check to see if you installed the slave cylinder
properly.  If the slave cylinder is installed in front of instead of behind the
plate to which it is supposed to be secured you will lose about 1/4 of an inch
of slave cylinder throw to the clutch.  You can also get a little more length
to the slave cylinder throw if you put one or two washers between the slave
cylinder and the rear of the plate to which it is bolted.  This is not
recommended unless you can't get the slave to fully disengage the clutch any
other way since it may cause the throw out bearing to fail early because it may
be partially engaged all of the time.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6