carb fire

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb fire
From: Jeff <jjpurser@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:55:21 -0400
Today I successfully completed my first car repair: I replaced my starter.
Revving the car up, I noticed a red glow coming from the engine.  Looking
closer, I saw flames shooting out of the carb filter.  I reckon that
something must have fallen - crawled? -  into the filter while it was off
(so that I could pull out the starter) and caught fire.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose and fix this problem?  Nothing could be
more frustrating than finally fixing a problem, only to cause another.

Jeff Purser
'72 TR6