RE: Oil Pressure

To: "'Pat Leask'" <pleask@shaw.ca>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:41:23 -0400
Pat,
Sounds within the "normal" range to me assuming you live in a warm
climate and are running 20-50 dino oil. Low oil pressure is more likely
bearing related than the oil pump.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

I'm trying to decide if I need a new oil pump or not, can you please
help me ?

I'm told it is "normal" for a TR6 to fire up and run 90 PSI oil
pressure, then when it warms up to drop.

I'm running a TR6 drive train in my TVR 2500M, when it fires up it is
running 90 PSI, when warm at 2000 RPM it is about 45, and at idle is 25.

MOSS do not show a rebuild kit for the oil pump, is there no kit
available which means a new one ?

Thoughts ?
Thanks, Pat