Front brakes; front bearings.

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front brakes; front bearings.
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:35:37 -0700
Now that my baby is a daily driver, things are wearing out more quickly.  Like
brakes.  and wheel bearings.
A couple of questions..
The front disc's, just how do I remove those securing pins for the pads?
Tried using a small flat punch. no joy.  Trued a large flat punch. No joy.
Stopped attempting, as I've learnt through experience, a good whack is not
necessarily the best thing to try..

Secondly, my RH front wheel bearing is on it's last legs, I believe.  Minor,
minor play, but lots of noise from it. a dull roaring type noise, just like a
bad ball race.  I believe to replace them, I need to remove the calipers,
under the bearing nut and whack it hard, and it'll spring / wiggle right off?
Is this correct?

Seems this w/ends task of pulling the tranny for the sticky clutch fix is on
hold, it's now going to be pads and bearings....

Thanks List! - You're always so helpful!

Ken
South San Francisco
73 TR6  CF7000U0