Re: stored TR

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stored TR
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:53:35 -0500
Buy a shop manual, it will be your best friend.

Drain the coolant and back flush the radiator. Install a new thermostat and
ALL NEW HOSES.

Bleed the brakes, front and rear.

Have a reputable tire store examine the tires for dry rot, alignment
problems and suspension issues.

Have a reputable muffler shop check the exhaust system. (Don't drop your
teeth when you hear the quote for just the new muffler)

Be sure the fuses are MARKED Lucas fuses. The American tube fuses are
similar, but these cars were designed to use the Lucas variety and their
blow rate is drastically different from the American fuses. For ex. a 35 amp
Lucas is designed to blow at 17.

Find all the grease zerks and give them one or two strokes. You may have to
clean them out if they are dried up and won't let any more grease in.

Have a reputable shop (or do it yourself) drain and replace the gearbox and
diff oil   80/90W Hypoid (I like Valvoline) GL rating 3 or 4; or whatever is
specified.

Have fun and drive the car often!!

Valerie Stabenow, 62 MGA MkII, 67 TR4a, 69 XK-E FHC, 73 TR-6, 81 Corvette
Coupe