Woe

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Woe
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 01:04:59 -0400
Woe is me.  I was cruising along hardly reading the posts thinking that
because I don't drive my TR 6  more than 30 miles a week that trouble
wouldn't come to me.  But it has.  Today while out for a drive I had gone
about 4 miles and two stoplights and at the second light down went the
clutch.  It springs back but even with pumping it it wouldn't come back.  I
jammed it into first and did a U turn and high tailed it home.  Got home and
pulled into the yard and had to shut the car off to put it into reverse,
restart to back up and the clutch was still partially engaged with the pedal
fully depressed.
Now I am fully depressed.  Is this (A) the clutch fork worn, (B) the master
cylinder needing a rebuild, (C) the slave cylinder acting stupid or just a
bad dream:)
When I first got the car,,,the first drive after I bought it, it did this
and a guy repaired the fork and it worked pretty well for four years.
Like I said, I don't drive it much so wear isn't that big a suspect.
I guess we'll see.
Talk among yourselves and let me know.
John Summers
'74 TR 6